Sunday, March 16, 2008

...you place the flowers in the vase that you bought today...

I have been so inspired by the beautiful blogs I visit regularly that I decided to dive into blogging myself.

I have always loved this song and when I chose it for my blog, it made me think of the flowers that sit in the vase on my dining room table every day. Although fresh flowers come in and out on special occasions, I must admit that for everyday use, I am hooked on the incredibly realistic flowers now available (a far cry from the plastic flowers my poor mom used in the 60's and 70's!).

You may not be able to see the detail, but this is a beautiful crackled vase that I picked up for a song at a local thrift shop. I filled it with cream and white buttons and then arranged some roses in the most beautiful peachy pink color. It's such a cheerful sight when I come down the hallway each morning and see them sitting on the table.

Wishing you a wonderful day,

Donna

1 comment:

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Hi Donna, The vase is lovely! I love flowers and I'm not embarrassed to have the almost real looking ones to decorate my home! There are some gorgeous ones out there!


xoxoxo,
Deborah