Monday, April 28, 2008

More of my Junktique Treasures...

Okay, back to what I bought the other day... I am so drawn to cottage blue and robin's egg blue, so when I spotted this little blue bottle, I scooped it up. The raised lettering says "Mellin's Infant's Food Doliber-Goodale Co. Boston." I just stuck some dried flowers in it to photograph it, but I think it will make a sweet little vase for "fresh from the garden" flowers this summer! I found some just like it on eBay and it looks like the blue ones range between $13 and $15, so I'm very happy with my $4 price tag!

At the same shop, I spotted this GORGEOUS robin's egg blue vase from several aisles over. Now I'm not into collectibles so I really don't know the value of such things. The vase had a raised peacock and flower vine design and I was surprised by the weight of it (quite heavy); it also had an old black & gold Fenton label inside. (I own a white hobnail Fenton candy dish, but had never seen this color... but like I said, I'm not a collector.) I was a little disappointed because the price was more than I wanted to pay ($21.00). I asked the salesperson if the price was firm, and he said he would take 10% off, which brought it down to around $19. He said it's a rare Fenton color and it would sell quickly. I think I must have put it down and picked it up 3 times before finally bringing it up to the register. Again, I could just picture beautiful summer flowers in it... Well, the first thing I did when I got home was to look for the same Fenton vase on-line, and I found several going for $75, $150, and even $225, so now I don't feel quite so bad about what I paid! Of course those are mint condition, and mine has some faint (but stubborn) dirty spots... There's a blue Fenton peacock vase on eBay right now that's only $9 (with 4-1/2 days left on the auction). It's slightly different from mine as it is shiny (mine isn't) and it has the Fenton logo on the bottom (which mine doesn't, just the label inside), but other than that, it's pretty close!

Remember the shop where I got my rose painting and Mary statue? Well, I also found this cute robin wind chime for $1.50. It's hand painted and is just adorable. I have to say that robins are one of my favorite birds. I have multiple bird baths in my yard, and the robins favor the deepest one. They just love to submerge themselves and flap their wings and splash to their heart's content. I can always tell when a robin has been in the bird bath because the water level is way down and the ground is soaking wet all around the bird bath!

And last, but certainly not least, here is the other wind chime I bought. Remember the "white bird" hint I gave you? Isn't this sweet? And St. Francis of Assisi is the clapper of the wind chime. I hung it in the yard to take a photo of it, but I think this will look really cute hanging inside the house in front of a window. It certainly fits in with my decor!

So thanks for letting me share some of my junktique treasures with you. We're back to unseasonably COLD weather here in New England... 40-50 degrees for the next week and lots of rain as well (we desperately need the rain, so I won't complain about that)...

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Donna

6 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Donna!
I just love all your treasures! Each one has it's own character. The Fenton vase was an incredible find! I love it's blue color. It's so much fun to find that totally awesome piece at a bargain! (robin's are my favorite too)
Hugs, Sherry

NnN said...

Oh, I want to shop where you do! That vase IS a great buy...and robins are so fun to watch...they empty our birdbaths too, and leave them muddy as well. Maybe snow here today....AH...Spring in Illinois! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Donna,
I too am into that beautiful robins egg blue or light aqua or beach glass blue. It is so beautiful when paired with anything pink.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well it looks like you had a wonderful shopping day with all kinds of wonderful finds. I adore the Fenton and blue glass that you found. Lucky girl!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Donna
Happy Monday!

Very pretty vases at great prices.

Enjoy them!

Hugs, Pat

Rue said...

Oh Donna! That Fenton Vase is really wonderful and the price you paid is out of this world! All your find are darling though :)

hugs,
rue :)