Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tonight's supper...

Pizza is not good. Oh, it's good, but it's not so good for you. Maybe if we also have a nice healthy salad on the side it won't seem so bad :) By the way, I marvel at those of you who post fantastic recipes on your blogs. I would LOVE to eat at your houses every night... This is my recipe contribution (it's about as creative as I get)... I mash up a very ripe avocado and 'whisk' it into the Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing (the packet variety)... VERY good :)

Donna (whose strong suit is NOT cooking)

5 comments:

NnN said...

Cooking...what's that!?!? I have already told everyone I know that I file my cookbooks under FICTION!!! I simply do not believe that you can do what the recipe says to do, and get something edible!!!! :) I am, however, a great assembler...therefore, salads are my forte! And this dressing sounds fantastic! You did know that you can buy the Hidden Valley powder in bulk (way cheaper) at wholesale clubs!?!!? Thanks D!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Donna!

This is my first visit to your blog and I love what you're doing with your cottage, especially the furniture redos. It seems like we all have remnants of the unfinished furniture we bought and stained dark brown.

Is there any particular place you buy your furniture appliques?

~elaine~
roz_etta@yahoo.com

Cindy said...

That dressing sounds really good and I don't even like Ranch salad dressing but I do love avocados! My daughter dips her pizza into ranch dressing...yuck! Your salad looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna!
Your salad looks delicious! I don't think pizza is all that bad for dinner ...
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment. I love how you're decorating your home!
blessings,
Lynda

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Donna!
I'm gonna try your dressing idea! Sounds like something we'd like. And a little different for the never ending diet!!
Hugs, Sherry