Thursday, July 18, 2013

Summer Salads

We've been eating a LOT of salads this summer; especially in this high humidity, high temp weather.

I make mine with lots of fresh fruit - grapes, blueberries or blackberries, strawberries, but the base is romaine and baby spinach. I also like to add fresh basil from our potted plant on the deck, tomatoes, baby carrots, avocado, feta cheese and some pecan or walnut pieces. I sometimes will also add a can of black beans or kidney beans, or occasionally leftover turkey or chicken.

Hubby likes Bleu Cheese or French dressing on his salads, but I'm hooked on the Good Seasons Garlic & Herb or Basil Vinaigrette salad dressings, so that's what I use on mine. Yummmmy!

I just wish someone sold just the white plastic caps for the cruets. A couple of mine have split over the years, and since I have several of the glass cruets already, I really don't want to buy the whole set. If anyone knows where one can buy just the caps, please let me know!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Donna

5 comments:

Betty said...

Your salad looks good. I too have been eating alot of salads. Just too hot to cook right now.

Susan said...

Mmmmmmm, your salad looks delish, Donna.

I love summer salads, too. Love parmesan peppercorn and blue cheese dressings the most. Susan

On a Wing and a Prayer said...

I am just like you. When its to warm...I eat light! Your salad looked scrumptious. I felt like inviting myself over :)

Melanie said...

I love salads in the hot weather, too. Make great, light, refreshing meals! Where did you get those cute blue and red coffee and tea canisters I see in the background?!

Sharon said...

I love your canister set! Beautiful pictures.