Friday, October 10, 2008

The colors of autumn...


"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." (George Eliot)

I love this original painting that my sister did back in '94. The colors are so bright and cheerful - it truly depicts an autumn day in New England... When I told my sister how much I loved it, she insisted that I keep it for myself! (I have a very kind and generous sister!!)
I think it looks great propped up up on the pie safe! (Anyone who lives in a split level/split entry knows about the lack of wall space to hang things!!) Thank you, AP!!!
Donna

4 comments:

Kathy said...

What a lovely thing for your sister to do. It looks great where you put it.

Hope you have a great Friday.

Roses and Lilacs said...

What a cute painting. I like autumn too, I feel so energized with the cool weather and crisp, clear air.

BTW, I love the decorative bracket in your doorway. I've been looking at them for my old farmhouse.
Marnie

Nola said...

It looks perfect there. Also, I notice (and adore) the vase full of buttons beside it. Are you a Button Floozie? If not, you should be! I have the link on my sidebar, you should go over and take a peek to see what the floozies do with buttons.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great painting. I really like it :0).
I hope you're enjoying your Autumn. Finally, as of today, we'll "feel" what Autumn is supposed to feel like. The last few days have hit the high 90s and 100 degree marks...today it will only be 75. Yay!