Thursday, October 16, 2008

Picture Perfect Halloween Decor!

I begged my good friend, Jill, to please send me photos of her home all decorated for Halloween...

Now that I'm somewhat of a minimalist with my inside decorating, I can drool over all of her beautiful Halloween decorations! Her home is so cheerful and colorful that I really wanted to share it with you!

I've been trying to talk her into starting her own blog because she has such a gift for decorating...

...and she's so creative with the way she displays everything...

Jill lives in a beautiful old farmhouse that she and her husband have lovingly restored over the years...


Awwww - look at that guard dog on duty!! Isn't she just too cute??? (Jill, if you had a blog, you could put lots of pictures of Abbey on it!)

Did I mention that Jill loves The Wizard of Oz? Big time!

She's also a huge animal lover like so many of us ... (And here's someone else who would like to appear on your blog, Jill, if only you had one!!! hint -hint)

So thank you for taking the time to send all of these photos for me to post on my blog...


They're all fantastic! I sure wish we lived closer to each other so I could come by in person!
Donna

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your talented friend's amazing decorating talent! You're right, she should have a blog!

Em said...

She does need to have a blog! Not taking anything away from your style though...of course ;)

Joanne Kennedy said...

I agree! She needs to start blogging. Call her up and tell her we are begging her to start one. I would love to see more. Her decor is wondeful and her animals are down right darling!

Hugs,
Joanne

Unknown said...

Your friend's decorations are really wonderful. I am so glad that she sent you photos.
Karen

Rue said...

Good morning Donna :)

She does need a blog! Look at all that creative genius she could share with the blogging world!!

hugs,
rue

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Hi Donna,

Your halloween Decor looks so fabulous!! I love all the attention to detail, great job! I have to add to my fall decor all my scarey stuff this weekend or my kids will yell ;) lol

Love your blog!

Cynthia

Deb said...

Love all the Halloween decor you've posted. Your friends and your home look wonderful. I've been reading through missed posts and I love your beautiful vintage Mary garden statue & your Pumpkin Scarecrow is adorable. I especially loved your tribute to sweet Mr. O'Malley (Sept 21) What a beautiful dog!

Pink Slippers said...

She MUST start her own blog!!! Her home is sooo darling and cute!
Wendy
The mantle--OMGosh!

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Donna..
oh Jill is fantastic ~!!!
Love all her beautiful Halloween decor ~!!
AND you kitty banner is so sweet.. glad you came over for a visit and glad I came to see your cute blog today ~~..hugs Patty

Angie said...

She really has some cute and interesting Halloween stuff and displays it so great! Love the open suitcase full of decorations!

Sweetie said...

Yes - your friend really should have a blog. She is so talented. The two of you must really have fun when you get together. Thanks for sharing.
Sweetie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What great vignettes and decorations! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us.
C'mon Jill! Start a blog. I bet it'd be fantastic!

Jean Tuthill said...

Hi Donna, I agree with you, she should have a blog. I wish she lived near me, so I could visit her. hehe. I love the decor!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I love the idea of the holiday display in the old suitcase. Now, if I can just find a blank spot in my house to place and open suitcase! laurie (bargainhunr)

Anonymous said...

Wow.....thank you all for your kind comments! Jill

Linda Summerfield said...

I am totally going to copy your wonderful pastel pumpkins with the vintage photos from your earlier post!!! How creative and inspiring!
Linda

Unknown said...

A wonderful Blog, I am enjoying it alot, so much information and pretty decorating.

See Jill I told you your decorating is wonderful! I wish you could do my house.