Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Witchy Woman....

... is our house guest for the month of October.

Okay, she may not have the proverbial wart on her nose...


...and her skin may not be a sickly shade of green...


But make no mistake about it... She is a witchy woman (albeit a shabby/cottage styled one!)...


I met her last month at a vintage shop, and she spoke to me (figuratively, of course). I'd been searching for a simple styrofoam head, and she fit the bill perfectly. (Her face is gouged up and she has a pinkish red stain on her head, but I like to think of all that as vintage charm!)


She rather enjoys being decked out in one of my soft scarves and rhinestone brooch. And she loves that I jazzed up her Target witch hat with a black rose from my stash. But she was not happy about being in the living room... No, no, no...


She insisted on being moved to the dining room so she could "oversee" my dinner choices this month.... Apparently she thinks we'll enjoy eye of newt and beak of crow more than the Blasted Chicken I posted about yesterday...


Fat chance, Witchy Woman. I like you in the dining room, too, but the first complaint I hear about what's for supper, and it's back to the living room for you!

If you'd like to check out some more Halloween decor, or post some of your own, join the party at A Soft Place to Land!

Comment Update: To Connie, who suggested I paint her hat pink... Don't think I didn't give that some serious thought! ha ha But in the end, I left it black and gave her some of my favorite pale pinky/peachy color in her scarf!! However I am thinking of adding some kind of ribbon or trim above the brim of her hat to make the flower pop more. If she gets a makeover I'll be sure to post a photo! And since she's going to be up year round, I'm already thinking a Dr. Zhivago styled fake fur hat for the New England winter... Maybe that could be pink!

Donna

18 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

The cottage look of your fall decor is wonderful. Very creative witch woman and love the floral pumpkin. Thanks for visiting. Jackie

Anonymous said...

Oh My Goodness...this is so cute!...Thanks for sharing...I am definitely thinking about joining the party!......

LisaJanelle

Whitney said...

AW, this is soooo cute! I love it. Your cottage truly is enchanted! Love it!

Kathy said...

I like your Witchy Women. She will make a great conversation piece.

Nola said...

Woooo hoooo, witchae woman! (sing it, it makes sense that way!) Looks great, and I love the accessories!

Connie said...

I think you should paint her hat "PINK", sweetpea!! LOL I'D do it for sure!! ;-)
Smoohces,
Connie

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

I don't think I've seen anything like your Witchy Woman before! She's great! :)

Darlene said...

Your cottage looks beautiful....she is a great "cottagy" witch!

Anonymous said...

this is the best I've seen, love the black with the cottage white...you've inspired me hee hee love it when that happens, i've been thinking ooooh I just don't want ORANGE in my cottage!

Sarah

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a great idea. I have that same Target hat. Maybe you could just put a pink flower on her hat rather then painting the whole hat pink.

I like it black though. I'm going with a black and white Halloween this year.

Hugs,
Joanne

suzeeez said...

lol.... I love "Witchy Woman"! She's a bit creepy ...... when you pass through the room do you feel like she's looking at you?
Sue

Anonymous said...

She looks wonderful ...... I had to get a close look at what you did to your chandelier over the table. I love the pearls....is it? or are they prisms ? hanging down they ad so much sparkle..... hummm I think I may have to do the same thing... your home is so lovely
HUgs
Linda

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

I;m glad you clarified that she wasn't REALLY speaking to you or else I'd have to send over the men with the little white jacket that help you give yourself a hug!

I think you should change her outfit with every season and holiday!

Victoria Lynn said...

Love, love, LOVE you new header with the black kitty!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Donna!
She looks pretty intimidating to me!! LOL Are you SURE you want her watching you while you eat?? Although her brooch is QUITE lovely!
I just love the cute things you have on your sidebar, the What City Should You Live In and What Year Should You Live In. I looked at that site last night till my eyes were drooped shut!! You find the cutest things!
Hope your week is a good one!
Hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

I love her! She goes perfect in your house!!!

Meghan said...

Fun!
Fun!
fun!

Kimba said...

Oh gosh! Your witchy woman is too cute! You're a fun girl. I like that!

Thanks for coming to my party!
Happy halloween,
Kimba