Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Which witch is which?

You may remember meeting "Witchy Woman" last week...



I'd like you to meet her cousin, "Worldly Woman"...


My daughter decided Witchy Woman would be perfect for a “store display” project for one of her classes. Luckily she found her own mannequin head, but begged and pleaded to borrow Witchy’s scarf and brooch. She then set to work making her a fashionable woman of the world! (I'd give her an A+!)


And not to worry… Witchy Woman found another scarf & brooch, and she’s as happy as ever overseeing meals in the dining room…

Anyhow, all of this cousin stuff brought to mind the old Patty Duke show… Some of you might not even remember this show, but for those of you who do (and who would like to relive a few minutes of innocence), here’s the You Tube video of The Patty Duke Show theme song:


(click photo to watch theme song)

Lyrics to The Patty Duke Show Theme Song
Meet Cathy, who's lived most everywhere,
From Zanzibar to Barclay Square.
But Patty's only seen the sights
A girl can see from Brooklyn Heights --
What a crazy pair!
But they're cousins,
Identical cousins all the way.
One pair of matching bookends,
Different as night and day.
Where Cathy adores a minuet,
The Ballet Russes, and crepe suzette,
Our Patty loves to rock and roll,
A hot dog makes her lose control --
What a wild duet!
Still, they're cousins,
Identical cousins and you'll find,
hey laugh alike, they walk alike,
At times they even talk alike --
ou can lose your mind,
When cousins are two of a kind.

Donna

9 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Toooo funny! As the market crashed & Mother's Cookies ceased to exist last Friday at work, we were cheering ourselves with old TV theme songs! Patty Duke is a bit before my time, but oh, don't they bring back the best memories!

M ^..^

Claudia said...

Oh, I loved that show! I still know all the lyrics to the theme song and proudly sing them whenever the right occasion crops up!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

LOL! Witchy looks just fab!

Pink Slippers said...

Your a hoot!
Wendy

Stacy said...

Both witchies are great! Like mother like daughter, eh?

~Stacy

Cottage Rose said...

I remember her show, but I was very young at the time, but still remember some of it. I love Patty Duke she is great. I love all your fall decorating out in your yard every thing looks so great.
Have a great Thursday.

Hugs;
Alaura

Joanne Kennedy said...

OH NO! Now I have that song stuck in my head and it won't go away. I often sing that song because my sister's name is Patty.

I loved that show. Wish it was on reruns because I would watch it.

Love the world traveler! Great minds think alike huh? Looks like you have a little me. LOL

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

I think witchy woman is the greatest..

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I loved The Patty Duke show! She was so talented to play both roles. Now anyone who lives in Brooklyn Heights would be a millionaire --lol--those brownstones are 3 to 7 million dollars in price...sigh.