I made "Blasted Chicken" for supper the other night... I don't remember where I originally got this recipe, but the chicken comes out so moist and flavorful! I'm not a very good cook. As a matter of fact, I'm a pretty bad cook (that's the reason I don't post meals/recipes very often!), so the meals I prepare have to be very simple - and this one is...
Here's the pale little fella right before I popped him into the oven. (Can you tell I like to use LOTS of seasoning?)
And this is my favorite "rub" for chicken or turkey. (I think they should just call it poultry rub!)
Mmmmmm... Here it is, straight from the oven... Perfection!
I love mashed butternut squash. (Don't mind the squash and pepper all over the top inside of the bowl... This was going straight to the table and I didn't fancy things up for the photos!)
I needed one more side dish... My family loves garlic mashed potatoes...
Okay, so I cheated a bit here. But the rest was all homemade! And all kidding aside, have you ever tried these?? They are really good! My family loves them. And only 5 minutes in the microwave!
Blasted Chicken Recipe
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Whole chicken (around 4 lbs.)
Seasoning or rub of choice
1) Rinse chicken and remove 'innards'.
2) Spray roasting pan with Pam.
3) Rub chicken with seasoning (I use lots!).
4) Place chicken breast-side down in roasting pan
5) Place in center of oven, uncovered. (Do not open the oven door once you put it in)
6) Bake at least 1 hour and 15 minutes at 425 degrees
7) Remove from oven; let sit for about 5 minutes; then serve.
We are definitely eating more hot meals since the weather has turned chilly here in the Northeast! I hope you enjoy this simple recipe... It's easy to fix and easy to clean up!! Enjoy!
Donna (The non-cook)