Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bearly Read Books...

"Lord! when you sell a man a book you don't sell just twelve ounces of paper and ink and glue - you sell him a whole new life..."
~ Christopher Morley

If you're a book lover who happens to find yourself traveling down Boston Post Road (Rte. 20) through Sudbury, MA, be sure to stop in at Bearly Read Books.


"The smallest bookstore still contains more ideas of worth than have been presented in the entire history of television."
~ Andrew Ross

"Reading in a comfy chair is just like a little vacation."
(Read to your Bunny)

...and this is where we spent a good chunk of time this past Saturday afternoon. Just look at the cozy reading nook where you can leisurely look through the books before deciding if you want to purchase them or not...


Bears are clearly the mascots for "Bearly Read Books."

"When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does."
(Kathleen Kelly/Meg Ryan - You've Got Mail)

This is my favorite section of the shop... the children's books. Shelves upon shelves of the most incredibly illustrated children's books (my weakness). I found a few beautiful editions of "The Night Before Christmas" to add to my collection, and I'll write more about those come December... but tomorrow I'll share some of the other books I fell in love with (and therefore brought home with me!!!)

"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves."
~Anna Quindlen

I just love that little shops like this still exist (sigh)... They are good for my heart and soul!~

Donna

14 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh - I want to go there! I saw some Nancy Drews that I may need to add to my collection from childhood. Too bad I live on the other side of the country. I'd be there in a minute if I lived close. Thanks for sharing this delightful store with us. ~Adrienne~

Joanne Kennedy said...

That is such a cute book store. The only things we have around here are the big chain ones. I love the small town look of that one.

Hugs,
Joanne

Anonymous said...

Morning Donna! I can't believe that I missed this store!!!! I used to live in Acton, MA and would go down Rt.20 to Framingham sometimes. I am going back in my foggy memory and I can almost see this store. I moved here 7 yrs ago so back then I might have been in a contemporary phase and old books weren't my "thing". Looks like the first Borders with the chairs to review the books. I really miss home and our New England Fall foliage. Hope you stop by again. Have a great day - Jeannette

Connie said...

What a delightful store, my enchanted friend!! I love books and read voracious reader.
Smoochies,
Connie

Marie said...

Oh fun! We have a bookstore like that in my town called "Read Em Again." My BFF is visiting soon and that's the only place she has requested I take her! It's an awesome book store so I understand why. :o)

pedalpower said...

It looks like the perfect place to spend an afternoon. Soon I'll be going on vacation and visiting my fav used bookstore. I'll have to show it to you in my blog.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Donna! This book shop is just the kind of place I love! It would be so nice to sit in those chairs with you and chat about the books we found. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I cherish my books! And I love bookstores. They don't hardly make them like that anymore, do they? I'm not much for TV, but I so love to read.
Brenda

Jill said...

What an adorable shop. I could just snuggle up in one of those chairs and read the day away!
~Jill

Cottage Rose said...

Donna what a enchanting book store. I love seating area to sit and read the book, I love book stores and books. I could spend all day in a book store like that one. I wish we had one where I live. Have a great day.
Hugs;
Alaura

Janet said...

We really have to shop together sometime; I was just in Natick last weekend and my last Real Estate closing was in Sudbury. The fact that that was last November is of little consequence;(

Janet

Anonymous said...

What a charming little book store.... I adore children books also...
HUgs
Linda

Nancy at ManicForMosaics said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and all I can say is what a darling book store! It's so charming. You'll never find that cozy of a reading nook at Borders Books!

kari and kijsa said...

This looks like so much fun! What a cute shop!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa