Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tin cherry jar...

Sometimes you come across a perfect little goodie that you didn't know you wanted - or needed - until you laid eyes on it. Such was the case several years ago when I spotted this little tin jar...


It was love at first sight, and it was one of my first purchases when I started switching over from a primitive to cottage look. (It's actually a perfect mix of prim and cottage!)


It was 'chippy' and distressed to perfection. When I found it in the junktique shop, it had old buttons in it, so I'm assuming that's what it was used for in its previous home...


But since I keep my buttons in vases and bowls around the house, I use it for spare change. That's why I love junktique shops... You never know what you're going to find!

Donna

12 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love it! Perfect for that spare change. I have a little jar I keep mine in too and ever few months I go cash it in. Sure adds up fast.

Hugs,
Joanne

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

That is just the cutest thing! And I love your swan too! What is it about chipping paint that makes my heart beat faster? :)

Connie said...

WOW, chickee, that's very cute! It's something I'd pick up for just the "eye candy" value of it for my home. You did great, honey.
Smoochies,
Connie

Jill said...

Oh you are so right, it is the perfect mix of Cottage/Primitive. I love the cherries on the front!
Cute, Cute and more cute!
~Jill

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Very cute. Now it's got a new life holding spare change! Love the term "junktique"! Will have to remember that one when out & about junktiquing!
xo~Tracie

Angie said...

i love it! we keep spare change here in an old tea tin..i love to shake it when it gets full and hear all the change clink against the tin..makes me feel rich! lol!

~Angie

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet little jar! It looks so cute sitting by your beautiful swan! I just love little junkie shops, don't you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kim's Treasures said...

Love it...even better to come with buttons!
Have a great day!
Kim

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a great tin. Anytime I find a "new" treasure, I can't help but think of the stories it could tell me. It's a perfect place for spare change. I keep mine in an old tin too.

Sweetie said...

I love the tin and the swan also. It's a great place to keep change. I especially love the big picture above your fireplace. I would like to get something like that for a wall in the dining room. I had my living room, dining room, and kitchen in Americana and am changing over to "something" - I really don't know what to call it. It would be wonderful if it ends up being cottage/primitive!!

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That is so sweet! You are right that it is a perfect blend of prim and cottage!
:)

Life on the Edge said...

That sure is a sweet tin! And yes it is just perfect with the chippy blue paint! Love it.

Kady