Sunday, June 22, 2008

"All my Chips" - a backyard soap opera

We had an impromptu video session this morning... Excuse the peanut shells everywhere (a feeding frenzy had been taking place); excuse the messy table (it hadn't been wiped down yet); and please excuse the cushion stain (drink spill - not animal related, thank goodness!)...

A few Chip facts:

1) all of our Chip(s) are friendly;

2) most of our Chip(s) eat out of your hand;

3) and then there are the precious few of our Chip(s) who even seem to enjoy being petted, like Amanda's little friend in this video. I was sooooooooo glad her camera was down on the patio so I was able to shoot this!

Watch as he stores the first peanut in his left cheek, the second in his right cheek, and then grabs a third for good measure before heading back home (where he deposits them into his peanut bank and is back within minutes to get three more)... This went on for quite a while before I finally had to cut him off (the peanut budget is only so big!)...


Answer to question: Yes, that is my voice on the video :) The Chip(s) are waiting for you, Joanne!

Donna

15 comments:

Life on the Edge said...

Oh my gosh, that is amazing! How cute! I couldn't believe that your daughter could just pet them like that. How cool is that! Loved this video, and thank you so much for sharing.

Kady

Joanne Kennedy said...

That's it! I'm packing my bags and coming to your house! I want to play with the chips!

How cute is that video!

Plus we get here your voice. That was you wasn't it?

Hey, I get emails all the time telling me big movie directors are looking for people to be in their films. Maybe I should pass the emails your way.

Ok so people tell me that those emails are scam emails but I like to think I'm in big demand.

I'm still waiting for my 37 million that was left in some bank account in some other country.

I get those emails all the time. People are so nice to want to give me all this money. The only problem is I never seem to get those checks. LOL

Hugs,
Joanne

Mary said...

Oh, how adorable is that?! Now I miss my old Chippy! But I'm going out to get some roasted peanuts, and getting to work...

Thanks for sharing, Donna. :)
xoxo,
Mary

Connie said...

How NEAT!! I've never known chips to come eat out of peoples' hands, sweet thang!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Cindy said...

He (or she?) is so cute!!! I had no idea they were so small since I've never seen one in person. We only have squirrels here.

nwalker said...

How sweet! I wish we had chips instead of squirrels in East Texas. I luv your bird lamp too. Have a Super Sunday.I'll visit soon.
Nancy

cargol said...

Adorable little Chips! They are so tame and greedy, saw how he stored that whole nut in his mouth before running away! Thanks for sharing Donna!

Sometimes It's Good said...

Your little Chips are so darling! We don't have chips here only squirrels (which just arrived recently...at least I never saw any until this year). I'm excited to see the squirrels even.

Susie said...

How sweet is that? Thank for your showing us Chip. Adorable.
Susie ~ The Polka Dot Rose

Attic Clutter said...

DONNA~~I Love it (:) so glad you caught that on tape ..too cute would love to have some in my yard..Hugs Patty

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh, Isn't that just the cutest thing ever!
We have lots of chipmunks in the backyard. Maybe I can train some to eat out of my hand, too.

So sweet!
Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm sitting here in my chair with Twiggy, the rescued cat on my lap, and watching that cute little "chip" snatch those peanuts! How cute. I am amazed he lets you all pet him. You are "chip whisperers" for sure.

Jill said...

Ha Ha...I couldn't believe he stuck the ENTIRE peanut in his mouth! Two no less! A couple years a go we visited an old ghost town and there was a whole chip colony. You could buy seeds from this little general store to feed them. I have a picture of a chip on my shoulder and in my lap! They were a hoot!
~Jill

Unknown said...

I WANT CHIPS!!!

CountryMouse said...

That is one of the cutest things ever. You are so lucky to have them come visit you.