Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've got the blues...

Once again I was inspired by the Sadie Olive blog to take camera in hand, this time in search of blue; I use several different blues in my decorating, yet I refer to all of them as cottage blue! So here are my many shades of 'cottage blue'...


The pillow stuffed sham that cushions the seat of one of our rockers...



The "L" of my LOVE frame is a photo of Amanda, napping when she was 16 weeks...


Little sister Courtney, 3-1/2 years later, wearing the same hand-me-down sleeper, now faded from countless washings... She was also 16 weeks in her photo, and she is the V in LOVE...


A french bucket decorated with luscious pink roses sits on an old pink vanity stool in the family room...


One of my favorite pillows from the Simply Shabby Chic collection at Target...


One of the ruffled pillow shams that cover our brick hearth, which we have yet to decide how to permanenently finish...


One of my vintage chenille scatter rugs... I love using the old rugs from the 50's...


Mr. Bluejay, taking one of the peanuts I left for him...


A small bucket of silk hydrangeas in the living room...


The 'secret' is now out! I love kuku coco butter deodorant for the summer. The scent reminds me of the beach! (The little earring dish is from Urban Outfitters if anyone is interested - I love mine!)


My beautiful, vintage Mary garden statue....


... the perfect blue... the perfect chippiness....


She makes my garden sing in blue!

My blue Fenton peacock vase from the days when I was thrifting non-stop, trying to find those Staffordshire dogs!!


And the sweet little Mellin's Infant Formula bottle, also from those thrifting days... I just love the blues!!!

Donna

16 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Awesome display of "the blues"!
Especially the Secret!!!!!!! I go for the powder fresh scent myself!!!


M ^..^

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh great blues in your house. I would love to own them.

I'm a pink gal myself but after looking at Romantic Homes blog Cindy inspired me to redo my bedroom in shades of blue. I'm also doing my bathroom in blue and white with touches of black.

Hugs,
Joanne

driftwood shack said...

I think I love the blue glass bottle best!

Cindy said...

I love all your blues...but you know me I LOVE blue! Those babies look so much alike! That's just amazing!

Jill said...

Beautiful goodies! I love how you dangled earring off that "dish". Hmm... I will have to try that deo. I am using the Jasmine one now! I love everyone's pastels, but I don't have any anymore. My house was pastel about 10 years ago. That's the problem I like everything!
~Jill

Connie said...

How absolutely lovely was my walk through your "blue"!!! You have an adorable home and yard, cupcake!!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Anonymous said...

That was a great post, I love all of your blue. That statue is breathtaking. Great job. Thanks for your sweet comments today.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

CountryMouse said...

Just wanted to say hello - I found your blog tonight and its really beautiful.
You have some lovely 'blue' in your home. Thanks for sharing.

starteachnewdaywithasmile.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the blues you shared---especially the cocky little bluejay enjoying the peanut (I can't believe a chip didn't beat him to it!), the Mary statue and the Fenton vase! Today, we are enjoying a blue sky in our neck of the woods and the heat is on!

Michele said...

Love the blues, and I'm glad that the title ended up NOT referring to you being sad!!

My favorite blue that you shared has got to be the pillow sham on the fireplace!!! I've admired that since the first time I saw it!! Simply gorgeous!!

Hugs,
Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

Cottage Rose said...

Oh how I love your blues. I need to get the blues. You have great Pretties to look at and drool over.
My first time here, love the blog. I will be back. Nice to meet you.

hugs;
Alaura

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I love all your blues, Donna~
But that vintage Mary is still my favorite!!
We've got lots of blue jays in our backyard screaming at our cats and I noticed you've got my same favorite deodorant!
~Tracie

Angie said...

ok i know it was a post about blue..but i couldn't help but drool over your little pink vanity stool....love it! also the french bucket on top of it looks exactly like a bucket that i wanted so badly at a garden shop...sadly it was way more than i wanted to pay. love the blurred effects around your pics, too! so pretty!

~Angie

Unknown said...

I love your photos. You seem to capture the real 'mood' of the word blue! Love the bluebird photo!

cargol said...

Amazing how much alike your 2 adorable daughters looked at the same age (they could be twins!!)

Life on the Edge said...

For some reason, I seem to have more pink in my decorating, but I really do love blue the best, and you have so many pretty things in blue. I especially love that aqua. Love the pillows and if you ever need a home for that fenton vase...lol.

Kady