Kady over at Life on Bonnie Lane was kind enough to tag me for this fun little game! If you have never visited Kady before, please visit her blog! She is so warm and down-to-earth; she writes from her heart and loves her home and her family - and she is funny!!! You owe it to yourself to click on the link to her blog! Okay, now I have to answer the following five questions:
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Let’s see… in June of 1998 I was mothering my two girls, then 9 and 12, who were anxiously waiting for school to get out so they could start enjoying the backyard pool (which is now lovingly referred to as the Roswell crater – see June 11th post); I was taking care of our three cats and one dog; giving hubby “honey do” lists; getting things organized for my fall craft shows; and probably searching for the perfect accents for my then primitive home! (Some things have changed in 10 years – some have not!)
2. Five things on my To-Do list:
1) Clean and organize my home office;
2) Finish planting flowers in the Roswell crater;
3) Paint the ‘dark brown’ rocking chair that’s now in the family room. I’m thinking pink or blue or green for a change, but more than likely it will end up white;
4) Completely redo our master bedroom that is stuck in the 80’s - everything from taking down the wallpaper border, to painting the walls, to painting the ‘dark brown’ bedroom set (the last of the dark brown furniture!);
5) Take/make time to read the two books I picked up at Target last week (A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith and Second Chance by Jane Green – talk about diversity in reading materials!!)
3. Snacks I enjoy:
Layered buttered popcorn and Milk Duds… I’m a movie snack addict. (Did I mention layered buttered popcorn??)
4. Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
I’ll have to second Kady’s idea of hiring a maid to come clean my house! And if we’re really ‘dreaming big,’ I’d like to take a crack at being a snowbird. I’d stick around New England until just after Christmas (the snow, winter, and cold are tolerable – even cheerful - until December 26th)… Then I’d set my GPS for points south and wouldn’t return to the northeast until April or May!! I’d also finish paying off the girls’ college education/student loans, pay off our mortgage, help out some family members, and definitely donate a huge chunk to a couple of my favorite charities. .. Oh yeah, I'd also go back to The Purple Rose and do some serious damage!! (see yesterday's post!)
5. Places I have lived:
Southern New England and Northern California
Now, for these same 5 questions, I am tagging:
1) Joanne at My Little Cottage in the Making
2) Sherry at Edie Marie's Attic
3) Pat at Mille Fiori Favoriti
4) Cindy at My Romantic Home
5) Linda at Linda's Blue Gate
Okay, now how fun is this?? I also got tagged by M from Tales From an O.C. Cottage! M writes about hers and her sister's cottages, their decorating styles, crafts, shopping sprees, pets, gardens, etc. I secretly think M writes for sitcoms out in "the O.C." because she is hilarious (and if she doesn't, she should!)! I can't ever read her blog without laughing out loud, so be sure to pay her a visit!!
Here are the rules for her game:
1. link back to the person who tagged you. 2. post these rules on your blog. 3. share six unimportant things about yourself. 4. tag people at the end of your entry.
Okay, this is probably WAY more than any of you ever wanted to know about me, but here goes!!
1. When I make instant coffee at home, I make it straight out of the hot water tap. No microwaving or kettle on the stove for me. (I still haven't mastered that patience thing yet...)
2. Speaking of coffee, I’m addicted to Paul Newman’s Iced Coffee from McDonalds (extra cream, two Equals).
3. I love clogs and wear them all the time. I shouldn’t. I’m a klutz and I’m always falling off of them or out of them. (If you’ve ever seen the Will & Grace where Will falls off of his clog and sprains his ankle – I totally relate.. It’s happened to me.)
4. I love movies. Count me in if you’re going to see the latest romantic comedy or scary movie. (Not slasher films no – no – no! Just a good spooky ghost/mystery movie!) And I’m easy to please – I usually love them all.
5. I type 128 words per minute (correction – I used to). I’m in my 50’s and back in my day when women applied for office jobs they were almost always given a typing test. The only person I’ve ever known who typed faster than me was my dad (and he probably still does). It must be some weird hereditary thing! (My oldest daughter just told me she types freakishly fast, too... yup - must be in the genes!)
6. I own the hardcovers of all Mary Higgins Clark’s mystery books (no collaborative works – just hers). Every time she comes out with a new one, I buy it. And once I start reading it, I hardly put it down at all until I’m finished. They’re quick, enjoyable reads - a totally guilty pleasure!So for this little game, I am tagging:
1) Nancy at Nancy's Creations
2) Dana at The Stone Rabbit
3) Brenda at The Brenda Blog
4) Sarah at Burgeon
5) Patty at Attic Clutter
6) Katy Lin at The Great Adventure
Have FUN everyone!!