Saturday, June 28, 2008

Visual inspiration....

I love visuals - beautiful paintings, photographs, and illustrations, etc... That's why I was so excited to discover the Driftwood Shack, a relatively new blog that is taking one letter at a time, attaching a theme/item/topic to that letter, and then posting the most beautiful visuals that correspond... (I liken her to the Sue Grafton of blogs!)...


copyright Allison Trentelman
For example, this is one of the visuals from the "A is for artwork" post...


www.enchantedlavender.com
These lavender candles are from the "C is for candles" post...


www.trianon-online.com
This unique table lamp is from the "D is for driftwood" post...

And I love what she writes in her About Me: "I'm miles from the sea but my favourite style is weathered boards and scruffy paint- give me blue and neutral shades with rocks and pebbles, linen and canvas, leather and jute with wood wood and more wood- wood that looks like trees, wood that has a history, so if you prefer your paint stained jeans to your new ones- relax and see just how beautiful scruffy can be..........." (copyright Driftwood Shack)

I hope you'll all pop over to the UK to visit her blog! She is only up to the letter E so far (which is for eggs, by the way), and I anxiously await each new letter/topic and the beautiful visuals that accompany each post!!

Donna

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're right! That blog is really quite lovely! I love her themes and where she's going with this. And I gotta run back over and welcome her to Blogland!
Brenda

driftwood shack said...

Dear Donna all this flattery is going to my head! thanks so much I am having great fun blogging and finding such pretty things to share -Many thanks Phillippa

Connie said...

What a unique idea! I'm going to go look at her blog. Thank you. I love your "white" photo at the top of this post, my little dove......
Smoochies,
Connie

Cottage Rose said...

Thanks Donna for the blog info. I am going over right now. I love her idea. Hope you are having a great weekend.

hugs;
Alaura

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Donna!
Great post! Love the photos!
It's great to be back!! I've missed Blogland!
Hugs, Sherry

Jill said...

Thanks for finding us new inspiration...it is what keeps me going day to day!
~Jill

Rue said...

Hi Donna :)

I'll have to go and check out her blog. Beautiful pictures!

I ordered a St, Joseph, so we'll see.... ;)

hugs,
rue

Life on the Edge said...

Thanks for sharing! Sounds like she has some great ideas and inspiration. I'll have to check it out.

Thanks so much for the award! I'll get something posted on it sometime this week!

Kady

Joanne Kennedy said...

Well I think it was well worth going to the flea market just so you could get that kitty. She is darling.

I'm on my way over to read that new blog you found.

Hugs,
Joanne