Saturday, June 21, 2008

Shades of white (part two)

Today is a continuation of yesterday's post, inspired by Sadie Olive's "Shades of White." Today I headed to the deck and garden with camera in hand. Here are the "shades of white" I found today, interspersed with a few older photos...


My St. Francis windchimes, purchased at a fun little NH junktique shop a couple of months ago...


The view from my deck (if flat on your back!)...


An old weathered window mounted over a flowerbox...


The little white bistro set (just a plastic/resin set from Linens N Things many years ago). It was originally dark brown. Needless to say, it didn't take long before I took a brush and white paint to it...


The birdhouse we just finished putting up in the garden...


One of my two cherub twins from a rummage sale at a church last summer. They were meant to hold a curtain rod, but for the time being I like them better on the patio...


I thought I'd try white shutters on the white shed for a change of pace, with the only color being the flower boxes. (The flowers and vinca vine have grown quite a bit since my May 31st post!)...


A lovely old birdhouse that I've had forever. Years ago the squirrels took over the house, as you could probably tell by the enlarged entryway!


A little rusty iron bird that watches over the garden and birdbaths...


An old weathered picket fence planter box on the deck...


A decorative church birdhouse in the garden... (sometimes it's in the house, sometimes outside)...


One of the white 'wicker-look' chairs on the patio...


A birdhouse that still needs to be mounted on a pole (and have birdy doo washed off its roof!)...


My funny little garden hare in front of the deck planter boxes...


The old weathered chair that holds the summer flowers...


Sleepy old man-in-the-moon, taking his afternoon nap...


One of the two stone lovebirds in with the impatiens...

Thanks for joining me on my search for "shades of white"...

Donna

Today's song: Both Sides Now - Joni Mitchell

8 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

You sure do have some lovely things. I love the bird houses on the poles. I've been wanting one myself. I have not been able to find one now that I'm looking though. I was thinking maybe I should just put one of my bird houses on a pole myself but I have no idea how to do that.

I also would love if one of my bird houses really got used. I've seen several blogs where birds really live in them. Not mine!

How fun to have a squirrel house!

Hugs,
Joanne

{oc cottage} said...

That "old" bird house is awesome!!!

M ^..^

Michele said...

I love all the white lovelies in your yard!!! My favorite has got to be the little white bistro set, though!!! I'm in love, LOL!!! So pretty!!!

Hugs,
Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Love everything Donna! My favorite is your birdhouse on the post! I've always been so fond of those and have never had one. Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

You've done a lovely job with this post. Your window boxes are so great. It's a really nice touch how you put one on the fence to tie the yard back to the house.
I'll remember this in case I ever have a fence put up!

Happy Saturday!

~Ambrea

Connie said...

I adore it! White as always been a favorite of mine - clean, crisp white, my little dove! I truly enjoyed the pix!
Smoochies,
Connie

Unknown said...

You TRULY have an Enchanted Cottage!

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Your garden looks so beautiful! I really love your garden shed and of course all the white! So cute.
Hugs~Kelly