Monday, June 30, 2008

A flea market kind of day...

One of my oldest daughter's college friends came to stay for the weekend, so on Sunday we decided to take a drive to the Lancaster Flea Market...


Either the flea market was off or I was, because not much caught my eye... Although I did like this rack of ladies hats...


These white wicker chairs with the cottage blue accents were very pretty... But since I really don't have anyplace to put them in my small home they didn't speak to me (actually, they spoke, but I successfully tuned them out)... And I loved that little round table. I have a similar one-tiered table from my mom's house that I'll have to post about sometime...


When we got to the very last aisle, this sweet guy spoke (meowed) to me.. "Take me home, Donna.. take me home...." Now I may not have room for 4 wicker chairs, but I can always find room for a little kitty looking for a home!!


He was marked $3, but since it was a flea market I felt obliged to ask the dealer if they would take $2, which they did (he's a signed ceramic piece from the early 70's). So for $2 I have a sweet cottage kitty (to keep me company when the Staffordshire doggies leave!)

So it was a fun day... Everyone got a little something... my daughter found a vintage skirt, her friend found lots of ephemera, and hubby got a new baseball cap. I do have to say that I was a bit disappointed in the quality of the flea market though. I haven't been there in quite some time, and it seemed like there were way more "dollar store" booths than I remember; and the outdoor (big item) vendors who used to be in the rear of the building weren't there today...

But nonetheless, it was a fun afternoon!

Donna

10 comments:

Connie said...

Everything seems to call my name, sweet bunny! I try not to listen but alas, sometimes it just squeeeeals to me and I can't make it outta the store! Hubby says to take ear plugs!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Good morning! I'm sure you did have a wonderful time at the flea market and what a precious kitty to bring home. Come visit me sometimes at my new blog.
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Love those old hats! Wonder if they'll ever be in vogue again anytime soon? We have a new antique mall that I could just spend days in gawking at everything.
Brenda

Cottage Rose said...

Hello; I love flea markets, and yard sales. We have one large out door flea market about and hour from my home. I have not made it there yet, I will soon. And I know what you mean about the dollar store vendors, if I wanted that kind I would have went to the store, not a flea market.Well I guess I am done ranting. Sorry about that. Love your little Kitty so cute.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

No better way to spend a day than at the flea market.....how fun you had your girl with you
Hugs
Linda

Life on the Edge said...

Too bad the flea market wasn't what you expected, but there was still a treasure to be found, and you got a great bargain! Glad it was still a fun afternoon.

Kady

{oc cottage} said...

Excellent purchase!

M ^..^

Jill said...

Well sometimes it is hit or miss! I have noticed that especially with flea markets. Sometimes it is pretty slim pickin's at the Goodwill...guess that means I meant to save my money.

You did get to bring home a cute little kitty!
~Jill

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Love that kitty ceramic! I would ahve snapped that up so quick :-)
Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

We have a large flea market where I live but no pretty items.... very much a junk flea market and it's so disappointing. Yours looks much nicer... :-)

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal