Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Purple Rose - Gifts & Home Furnishings

I happened upon the most adorable shabby/cottage shop several weeks ago... The Purple Rose is located on Route 20 in Northboro, Massachusetts.


Just look at this faux fireplace upstairs... Ahhh, if only money were no object!


That mirror on the back wall was just gorgeous!! And I loved all the robin's egg blue in this room. It's one of my favorite colors to decorate with...


Anyone for tea and crumpets?


Confession time... I think I could easily furnish my home with items designed for children. I love the rugs and lamps and furniture and curtains that are geared toward nurseries and girls' rooms!

Now if you read the "About Us" section on The Purple Rose website, they apparently have a few 'spirits' that occupy their store (an old house)... The 'three women' who have never moved out reside in the first room to the left at the top of the stairs... Now there are two sets of stairs, so it is either this room or the robin's egg blue bedroom pictured above! I wasn't there early in the day so I did not smell the coffee!


I just loved these huge letters spelling out ART, going up one of the staircases to the second floor.

So if you find yourself in the Northboro vicinity, by all means stop by and enjoy the visual delight that is The Purple Rose! Their hours and exact location are listed on their website. And if you don't live in the area, they accept all major credit cards and Paypal through their website!!! Have fun browsing/shopping!!!

Donna

8 comments:

Life on the Edge said...

Thanks for sharing! It looks like so much fun and I'm sure I would LOVE everything in it! Just the kind of place I love to shop, or window shop. I agree, if money were no object, I'd probably walk out if there with my van full of lovely things!

Kady

Michele said...

Oh, I LOVE that bedspread in the second picture and the fireplace mantle in the first picture!!! I would LOVE to be able to go to that store! I'm sure I could do some major damage to my bank account!! Thanks for sharing!!

Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com

Donna Kay said...

I agree with you - that bedroom is Yummy!!! Love that color also.
Bless...
Donna

Jill said...

I love beautiful shops! I get so much inspiration from them. Sigh, so many pretties!
~Jill

Sometimes It's Good said...

If I were a ghost and had such a beautiful place to live, I wouldn't move out either. What a fabulous shop to visit. Thanks for the tour.

Susan

Joanne Kennedy said...

It's a good thing I don't live near there or I would be so poor from shopping there. It looks like the perfect store to go to.

I like to go and just walk around those type of shops. It's so peaceful to me.

I also love the haunted stories. I wonder if you buy something from there if the ghost comes home with you.

Hugs,
Joanne

cargol said...

What a darling shop, I see many things I'd love, especially those iron cahirs!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

What an adorable shop! Wouldn't you just like to live there? How can you chose 1 or 2 things when you like someplace so much you want to LIVE there? That must mean you like EVERYTHING! Great place!
Hugs, Sherry