Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A little of this and a little of that....

I forgot that I was going to take a photo of the birdbath planter I have out front this year. It's the planter that rusted so bad the first year I had it...

...but that's okay. I like it with this big "hanging plant" plunked down on top of it.


Sneak peek time! I was driving by this shop last week and spotted two items that made me do an immediate U-turn and go back! Can you guess which two I got? (And for next to nothing because they were rusty, which is a plus to me!!) You were right, cargol! They'll be dressed up for the porch party tomorrow, but until then here they are 'unadorned.'


This 7 pot planter reminds me so much of one that my mom got in the 1960's with her Raleigh cigarette coupons of all things (back before she quit smoking)...


And this little beauty, well, I just couldn't pass it up because I've owned its twin for years!


And look at my latest visitor... We've named him Flower, just like Bambi's friend. Is he heading for a drink perhaps? He wandered in and around my potted plants for a long time!! (Planting is definitely on my "to do" list for this week!!!)


I have bad news for the squirrels though.. I originally thought Flower was going after grubs to eat, but when he pushed dirt aside with his nose, he was coming up with peanuts that the squirrels had buried and was crunching them down non-stop! That's one smart skunk!!

Now you might be wondering why on earth these aren't blurry... I mean you would think a skunk would make my hands shake more than a squirrel or chipmunk! It's because I was safely up on the deck and had the camera resting on the railing, therefore no shaking!!

See you all at the Porch Party tomorrow!! Just click on the porch photo at the top right of my blog to go to Rhondi's... She will have a list of all the blogs showing pictures of their porches!!! I can't wait to visit them all!

Donna

6 comments:

cargol said...

oooh, I think I know what you got this time! (didn't get it right last time) The white plant stands???? Yup, I bet I'm right! Have a similar two shelf stand that I did get for nothing (bulky trash pick-up) Can't wait to see them in your yard. You have such an assortment of critters visiting you daily!

{oc cottage} said...

WOW! You have so many friends! :)

M ^..^

Marie said...

I love the plant stands you got! The 7 pot one is DREAMY! lol

I can't believe you have a skunk visitor! I haven't seen a skunk since we lived in Rhode Island. Every night in summer we'd get skunk odor wafting in the windows from somewhere. I *almost* miss that. :o)

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Donna(:)
Oh a skunk that is scarey..I have had a raccoon around here for quite awhile decided I better not put the catfood outside(:) Cute post..hugs Patty

Joanne Kennedy said...

Great post! I love the plant in that birdbath. It looks great! See people should know to never throw out such things!

I love your smart skunk! I used to have one visit me every night where I used to live. We named ours Flower also! Great minds think alike.

Hugs
Joanne

Michele said...

WEren't you afraid the skunk was going to stink you out of your own yard? They sure are cute, huh? That's sad about the squirrels doing all the work burrrying their peanuts only for the skunks to come and steal them. Poor squirrels.

Michele
luvkittysmeowmail@gmail.com